Creativity, hospitality and the sharing of joy – this is how the Czech House in Gangneung, South Korea, comes across. There is an large LED screen on the outside wall of the Czech House during the Winter Olympic Games in Pyeongchang. The LED screen is going to alert the most important events and to invite you to the Czech House.
Czech House is located in the centre of the one of the main areas of the Winter Olympic Games – in the seaside area nearby the Olympic Park in Gangneung directly opposite the Gangneung Olympic Village (GVL). It is approximately 40 kilometres from the mountain heart of the Olympic Games – Pyeongchang Oympic Village (Mountain Cluster) and Olympic Park. The journey time from the Gangneung Olympic Village is about an hour.
The house has been laid out by architect Petr Kolář, who also designed the house in London 2012 (rated by AP agency fot the best House of the all olympic teams) and Rio 2016 four years ago.
Dates open: 9th to 25st February 2018, from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. local time
Address: 1019-1, Hongje-dong, Gangneung-si, Gangwon-do, South Korea,
GPS: 37°45’28.1″N 128°52’03.9”E
- free entry for all visitors
- refreshment stand with Czech beer and specialities – bread Karel
- meeting with Czech athletes
- moderated programme from the podium
- special events
- Screening of Czech Television and South Korean TV broadcasts
- presentations of the Czech companies
- programme and results of the Olympic competitions
- virtual reality
- For athletes and accredited officials
- For guests of NOC and representatives of Czech Team partners
- For other guests after agreement with Czech House representatives
Note: There is necessarily the coodination between Czech Olympic Team and Czech Hosue representative in case of more visitors in one term.
Where to find us?